Happy Anniversary to Me! :)
I was reluctant at first to say goodbye to the studio I had enjoyed for more than seven years, but soon I had so many reasons to feel grateful.
I most appreciate all the well-wishes and help from friends old and new who assisted me in making the move, and have supported my journey along the way.
- If you helped me pack and move (or the many who came by with boxes), thank you!
- If you came to my opening events at the studio (or my solo show at SLOMA), thank you!
- If you followed and encouraged me online, thank you!
- If you purchased pieces from my studio or online store, thank you!
- If you introduced me to friends and associates, thank you!
As I look around my current studio and gallery, I have an appreciation and deep gratitude for all that it took to make this dream come true. All of you are at the top of the list.
Today, the gallery is larger, and filled with light. My latest collection sits on newly acquired display furniture – beautiful cast-offs from generous friends who are moving to new quarters.
The studio itself is all on one level with big large windows looking out over Main Street and into a stand of pine trees beyond. It provides the perfect layout for juggling projects in various stages of completion. I love the whirlwind of ideas I can having swirling about the place without it getting too chaotic.
My kilns are installed in a room that is perfect for its purpose – cement floors and walls, separate from the rest of the studio but close enough at hand to watch the progress of each firing.
This new gallery is much more accessible to visitors. Parking is right in front of the building, with signage and frontage on Cambria's Main Street.